Monday, August 10, 2015

Push Goals

I just completed the 30 Day Push program by Chalene Johnson. It really has revolutionized my thought process about goal setting. 

She suggests you make ten goals weekly. You then look at those goals and find your PUSH goal. This is not necessarily the goal that is most important to you; it is the goal that will PUSH your other goals, like dominoes, into existence. 

In the videos she teaches you so many good things. I HIGHLY recommend this free course.

You start with evaluating from 1-10 a list of ten things (ex physical health, emotional health, financial health...etc.). You then make your goal list based on what you find. She says that things you rank yourself high on are the things you naturally do well and you shouldn't focus on these things as goals. 

My three things I have been working on are spiritual growth, personal growth, and physical health. I am going to make financial health my ONLY goal for 2016.

You then make some key statements; think I will statements. 

She suggests you make a list of ten goals every week without looking at last weeks goals. You then identify your push goal. You focus energy on that goal everyday.  

My list for this week:
1. Get ready for new school year-work wise
2. Read Bible daily
3. Get ready for school year- kids wise
4. Finish organizing home
5. Get sports organized for fall
6. Read two books
7. Organize closets/Make fall capsule wardrobes
8. Finish home improvement list
9. Drink water
10- PUSH GOAL- Wake up early

When I evaluate my list I see that getting up early is the domino to push my other goals into existence so that is where I focus. I could focus on reading my Bible but it won't make getting ready for the school year more likely to happen. If I focus on getting up early though all my other goals have a better chance of happening. 

After you make your list for the week, you need a brain dump time. Get paper and look at each goal and break it down... what supplies do you need? What tasks need to be done to reach this goal? What training do you need, etc. Get it all out of your mind and on paper. Also, add a time frame to each item or quantify it (like drink more water is not enough...drink 1 gallon of water a day. It has a time frame and a quantity that is easy to say if I met the goal or not). 

Then you schedule a few tasks each day to work through your list. By doing this you will see a HUGE improvement in what you get done!

Check out the FREE 30 day course here...
http://www.30daypush.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment