Saturday, July 4, 2015

Looking Presentable Always: Pajama Edition


At Home With Madame ChicMy new book

I have been LOVING reading the Madame Chic books by Jennifer L. Scott as well as reading her blog The Daily Connoisseur, and watching podcasts on her YouTube channel everyday. She is inspiring me in MANY ways. One of the things I had not really thought about was having presentable pajamas.

She tells a story in her book about living abroad in France with a host family, and about how Madame Chic was HORRIFIED at the state of her ratty, old pajamas. This made her think why did she not think it was important to feel beautiful and enjoy comfort while lounging around her home and while she sleeps? Why was she wearing clothes for bed that were not MEANT to be pajamas? She then began to buy beautiful, actual pajamas and has never looked back!

So, I thought that sounds easy... I can do that! So with my Kohl's cash I bought my first pair of nice pajamas (not super beautiful but NICER...baby steps!)
I will set a goal of adding to my pajama collection (next up a dressing gown set like in the video!)

If you want to watch her videos talking about the importance of nice pajamas click on these links...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN8GDoVJaBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPk1RcMpa88

 

No comments:

Post a Comment