Saturday, September 19, 2015

21 Days to a Disciplined Life: The first seven days

"Do you find yourself making “all-or-nothing” plans for transforming your life, and then three days later you crash and burn under the weight of your plan?"

I took a few things away from the first week of this challenge; Start small, focus on one habit at a time, plan for obstacles, be realistic, and stay positive.

I am SO like the quote above...all or nothing. This slow, steady progress thing is new. 

We have been in school for about 21 days now, so I feel like those habits are going well...early rising, breakfast, homework, after school activities, dinner, baths, clean up...the daily habits of life. I am ready to add some more intention to my days. I do not want weeks to go by that I just got through. I want to GROW even in this busy season.

She wants you to pick one major project and divide it into bite size pieces. I do not really want to work on a huge project right now, so I am skipping that part and focusing on adding new habits instead. She says in the book it is better to add three new, life-long habits in a year than trying to add thirty just to crash and burn. If I can look back next year and see new habits that enhance my life, I will be happy! 

My choice new habits I want to focus on are spiritual/Self growth and physical fitness. I have these as weekly ongoing goals, but they always fall to the bottom of my list. This week they are going to be a focus.

I put these things in my planner everyday, but they are the first to go. No longer. I am in a good routine and ready to add them in starting NOW!

I WILL (She suggests banishing the words "I'll try") workout four times this week, drink 101.4 oz of water, and eat healthier (I know that is not a "smart" goal but I know what I mean=)

I WILL attend church on Sunday, complete my daily Bible study and gratitude journal, create a "war room" and focus on my prayer life, meet for our Friday playgroup/study, and do our family Bible night on Saturday.

I WILL continue to read two books each week and listen to a podcast everyday. I also WILL write on this blog everyday as it makes me very happy.

I NEED these things to become habits so I can be all the "me" God created me for.

Buy the book for yourself and start your own 21 day challenge:
http://www.amazon.com/21-Days-More-Disciplined-Life-ebook/dp/B009UGKEC4

**Update...I read the whole book and it had very good advice. I did not find enough, at this time, new to write a whole post about the remaining 14 days. Good book though if you need some guidance on completing a major project using baby steps and getting more discipline into your life!**

No comments:

Post a Comment