Thursday, September 24, 2015

My "War Room"

War Room
From the award-winning creators of Fireproof and Courageous comes WAR ROOM, a compelling drama with humor and heart that explores the power that prayer can have on marriages, parenting, careers, friendships, and every other area of our lives.

I have not gotten to see this movie yet but hope to soon (anyone who knows me, knows how much I adore Priscilla Shirer!!) The thing I am hearing from everyone is how it encourages people to make prayer a priority in your life. 

This past year I have prayed more than ever. I have my prayer journal, but I wanted something that would catch my eye throughout the day. I have committed to people to pray for them and their kids. I do not want to take that commitment lightly. 

Enter my "War Room" AKA a spot on the floor, in a corner of my classroom. I hung a little white board, got my 31 organizer and put my prayer and some Bible study supplies in there. Now, when I commit to pray I can put it on my board and be reminded throughout the day. Above this is a list of the kids in my class so I can pray for them before our school day begins. When I take the first minutes of my work day (before my contract time just FYI!) to sit in my war room and pray I have noticed a huge difference in my attitude. 

I also am more purposeful in my quick prayers during the day. I want to be a woman who looks to God and expectantly waits for His miracles! I also started the Draw the Circle: 40 Days of Prayer today. I want to focus on my prayer life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment