Monday, September 7, 2015

First week of school for the Thatcher family and 4th Grade Classroom Pictures

 The Thatcher Family Goes to School!
After many years of homeschooling (Juliette and Christian have never attended a brick and mortar school and Thaddy only went last year for first grade) the Thatcher family is joining in the back to school fun! This is also my first year back in the classroom full time as a fourth grade teacher (I have taught half day kindergarten for the past ten years to allow me to be home more with the kids during the day)
Juliette is in my fourth grade class, Christian is in third grade, and Thaddy is in second grade this year. After a super fun summer we were all looking forward to getting in to the school routine.
First day of school for the whole family!
The Thatcher Family in the morning on the second day of school...6 AM comes awful early! That is one thing I miss about our homeschool days. I loved how the kids were never tired and I always felt they had enough rest. BUT, I will say I love how they are tired from a long, productive day at about 9:30 PM and they easily go to sleep. 
   
I love my HUGE classroom! I did a sports theme (BIG surprise, I know)
I am so excited to make a lot of great memories in this classroom this year with Juliette and the rest of my students. 
    
So far the kids in my class are great and we are having such a good time. Full time teaching is so much easier than homeschooling. Not being a homeschooler anymore was a tough pill to swallow, but now that we have jumped in we are all having a great time.
   

  
I prayed all summer for this school year and we are ready to have a great one! Thankful for everyday God allows us to be together at our school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment