Saturday, September 12, 2015

Makeover Your Mornings Days 7-10

http://makeoveryourmornings.com/

Day Seven: Accountability Partners- Crystal encourages you to find an accountability partner to text, email, or Facebook when you wake up, and then after you complete your morning routine. I live with my partner; Jamie. We are in the school routine so we are ready to start getting up a bit earlier and try to get our Bible study in before school. We will be holding each other accountable this week. If that doesn't work I will find a texting buddy. I would also like to get my mind going by writing a blog post in the morning. It is something I really enjoy and I would like to do it first thing so it does not get pushed out of my day. 

Day Eight: To Do Lists- Crystal suggests you break your to do list into three categories; your "Big Rocks", must dos, and want to dos. She reminds us to not overwhelm our days with long lists of to dos. Be reasonable. It is better to have fewer goals and accomplish them all, than have too many goals and feel like a failure. 

My "Big Rocks" for this season of life are going to be Bible reading, exercise (this will be done in the afternoon though), and daily self care through reading, looking presentable always, and blogging. 

My "Must dos" are wake kids and assist in dressing (I know but I do! How else can I make sure they have clean teeth and faces and brushed hair!!), supervise breakfast and lunch packing. Leave for school at 7:05 AM. 

My want to dos will never happen during my morning routine. I know this about myself and I am OK with that. I am NOT a morning person so getting all of this done is a miracle for me! 

Day Nine: Nail down your morning routine- When you are working through how your morning will go...it should excite you. You should LOVE your mornings (Not the getting up...surely nobody likes that part?) If you wake up FOR your day and not TO your day (Kat Lee of Inspired to Actions favorite line!) you are laying the groundwork for a happy and successful day. My first moments should "nurture my heart and soul" (through Bible reading and prayer), my mind (through blogging), and also tending to the needs of my family by getting myself fully ready for the day (hair, makeup and all). Many would include exercise here, but I cannot get up a second earlier! This is scheduled in my early afternoon hours right after work. 

Here’s what my current routine looks like:
✓ Wake up around 5:45 am 
✓ Make coffee 
✓ Read my Bible, pray, and write in my Gratitude Journal.
✓ Work on blogging.
✓ Get dressed

Day Ten: You are ENOUGH- What lies do you tell yourself over and over? Write these lies down and then write a truth next to them. You can free yourself from the words you have on a never-ending loop playing in your mind. These words hold you back from leading the life you were created to live! 

In this season of my life I have learned how to have more control over my mind. Things that used to worry me...do not anymore. I am better at taking my thoughts captive and giving my daily worries to God. My bigger worries are a different story and a different battle. I am thankful for the strength of mind this hardship has given me and my family. 

You are the only you that ever was. God made you perfectly you...for a purpose. Do NOT listen to anything that tells you otherwise. You are perfect, and beautiful in God's eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment