Saturday, June 20, 2015

Family Bible Night #2

Tonight we enjoyed our Family Bible Night #2. We started with prayer, lesson by Daddy on The Lord's Supper, object lesson on being in the world but not of the world (oil, food coloring, and water in a bottle), fruit smoothie popsicles (retaining our specialness in Jesus even when mixed with the world just like you can taste the specific tastes of the fruit in the smoothie), ending with What's in the Bible #11.


I love hearing their questions and what they remembered from last week. I just imagine that by next year if we are diligent (and I pray we are), we will be 52 lessons further on their path of sanctification and growing in knowledge of our Lord. I feel God smiling as we finally take the responsibility seriously to train up our children in the way they should go. I am glad that this is becoming part of our weekly family tradition. I envision this being something our kids do in their own homes with our grandchildren...a way to pass down a GOOD legacy! Try it! You will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment