Saturday, June 20, 2015

What I am trying...

This week I received my first Stitch Fix. Now, I am a HUGE fan of Thread Up (an online thrift store) but thought I would try this other service as I had heard such good things about it. You go to the site and fill out a quick style questionnaire. Then you are given a stylist for a $20 consultation fee (this fee is taken off the cost of any of the items you choose to keep from your "fix"). Then you can schedule your fix to be shipped automatically (every month, three months, four months...). I love getting things in the mail and this was no exception! I was excited to see what my stylist Cookie had chosen for me...


 
You get five items in your fix along with an inspiration card telling how to pair the items together. I received one dress, a skirt, two shirts, and a bracelet.
 


Cookie had a few hits and a few misses. I did try everything on as they suggest. They say you never know when you just think you hate something (I can attest to that as when the bridal stylist brought my wedding dress out to try on and I thought to myself, "Are you insane? That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen." Needless to say as soon as I put it on I was in love!) but really it is just the right cut/color/style for you! You won't know until you try, so I trusted Cookie's expertise and had my own fashion show in Thaddeus' room.
 
In the end the only winners were...

This dress (not surprising it had "me" written all over it.) and a surprising choice in the bracelet they sent. Juliette and I both loved it! I liked that for the first one they sent a $20 option so I could find something I liked and not lose out on my $20 styling fee.
 


Now I just pack up the three items I did not like in the paid and addressed envelope they include in the fix and drop it in a USPS box within three days. Then I fill out the online check out form. Here I am able to give Cookie feedback to help make my next fix be even better. You also can make a Pinterest board for your stylist so they can get a better idea of what you like. If you buy all five items you get a 25% discount.
 
I think this was a fun way to try out new brands and styles than I may choose for myself. It is more expensive than Thread Up, but since they allow you to give a price point to your stylist they know what you are comfortable spending. It will be a fun way to add a few things monthly to my wardrobe once school starts without me having to do anything at all!
 
If you want to give it a try click the link below. Let me know what you think!
 
https://www.stitchfix.com/
    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment