Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Lovishly

lovishly
 
Here is MY Lovishly necklace.
In December I wanted a "word" and I was reading one of Ann Voscamp's One Thousand Gifts and she started talking about the word Eucharisteo.
 
“After He took bread, gave thanks, and broke it and gave it to them...”

In the original language, “gave thanks” is written eucharisteo. In the Greek is charis meaning gift or grace. Charis also forms the root of the Greek word chara, meaning joy.
 
This spoke to me because here Jesus was about to sacrifice His life and He was joyfully giving thanks. In my despair over Thaddeus' diagnosis I found that I needed that reminder to FIND joy, to CHOOSE thankfulness...even when there was little seemingly to be thankful for. Enter my word for 2015. When I was browsing the Lovishly store I was amazed to see a necklace with MY word on it! I ordered it and wear it now as a reminder to stick to my resolution of finding joy and being thankful in my daily journeys.
 
My next purchase will be the crane that benefits Peach's Neet Feet (see previous post on their pen pal project we are participating in).
Paper Crane
 
From the about page on their website:
 
Lovishly Co. started in 2014 as a project to educate and empower girls.  We are a team of four girls who are crazy enough to believe we can change the world and we want you to join us!  Our necklaces are made to tell stories.  Each necklaces is a great conversation starter and gives you the opportunity to talk to others about causes that are important to them. Each one of our necklace designs is unique and meant to encourage. Our necklaces are handcrafted and built with the finest parts. Throughout the year we choose various non-profits that encompass our values and mission to donate $5 from each charity necklace to their cause.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment