Monday, June 29, 2015

Prayer Notebook

I set my prayer notebook up in January with the help of some suggestions from various blogs. I find it is a good guide for my daily prayer time as well as a place to list prayers and therefore I am more likely to remember answered prayers. I am not going to lie though, I do not really like writing my prayers down. I do still do it often, but sometimes I just sit with the journal and pray. Regardless, it helps me hit all areas that I do not want to forget in my prayer time.

This is the cute cover...
I added tabs in it to guide my prayers. Daily I start with worship, confession, thanksgiving, scripture prayer, prayer for self, Jamie, and kids.
 
Each day of the week has a specific extra things to pray for; Monday is family, Tuesday is friends, Wednesday is government/officials, Thursday is doctors and nurses. I have added specific kids I am praying for and their families in to my daily prayers along with the section for my kids.


 
My talent is not to be a prayer warrior so I have tried to find a system that helps me have a good prayer life. I know some people who are just so gifted in this area and I am sure they would find this stifling, but for me I need structure to be successful! Works for me! This is another component of my daily Bible study time. If I start the day in His word and in prayer with Him my whole day goes so much better.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment