Tuesday, June 23, 2015

How I am spending my Bible study time currently...

Bible study time is one of those ever changing things in life. I am LOVING my current studies though and thought I would share them.

I study at our breakfast table. I am fortunate because it's summer and my kids are old enough not to be disruptive so I do not have to wake up early to study (which for me is such a blessing). This is what the table looks like...

First, I start with the Proverbs Study from Women Living Well (home of Good Morning Girls)...

I bought the book but you can easily do it without. She does a highlighting technique where you read the verse and you look for different aspects (God is highlighted in purple, woman and families in pink, wisdom in blue, etc.). I have found this helps me get more from the verses. Also, she has you SOAK (write the scripture, make an observation, application, and kneel in prayer) the days Proverb. I would like to get in a habit for life of reading a proverb a day. They are full of good stuff! I then go on to my email group that I signed up for through the Women Living Well site and read the other ladies insights and add my own.

Next, I do my She Reads Truth study (have I mentioned I love it?)
 Again, I bought the study materials but you can easily do it from their app, or just the daily email. The study materials are just always SO beautiful. You get a guide (this time Women of the Word they collected pictures of real "shes" that read truth and the book is full of lovely, REAL women. I love it!), you also get gorgeous art with the weekly memory verses to display, as well as little scripture cards. Scripture memorization is an important part of their studies (I am working on that. I am not a good memorizer). You read the story daily (every day this study we read about another woman of the Bible) then you have a space for your response and prayer. You also get a daily email giving insight into the story. These emails are always incredible. They have really been a daily blessing for me.
 
Last, but I want to switch to first as it makes much more sense, I use my prayer journal...

 The way I set it up is a post in itself, but by having it I am certain to hit all areas of prayer daily. I have found if I start my day with more structured prayer time I keep the running dialogue with God going more through the day. It's also a good place to record prayers and answers to prayer. How often do we miss out on seeing answered prayers because we forget we prayed them?
 
This week I will also be starting an in person study at my church by Priscilla Shirer (love her!) I also stay part of a Love God Greatly Facebook group. The study we are currently doing is on Psalm 119. It is amazing how God always weaves all my studies together. I love how I can pop on FB and see what ladies I have met through these studies are up to. I can ask for prayer for us, pray for them, and share observations from the study at any time of the day. All together these different studies are used by God to speak to me multiple times a day, in many different ways, by a variety of women. God is good, all the time!  
 
 
 
GMG Resources Proverbs 6-10
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment